Are you looking for a college that will cater to your additional learning needs? We understand how much attention each individual situation requires, and provide a range of support for Learners with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
This includes support for deaf students/those with hearing impairment, students with mobility difficulties, medical conditions such as epilepsy, and specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia or dyspraxia.
We are experienced in helping students with chronic fatigue syndrome, autistic spectrum disorders such as Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, mobility impairments, visual impairments and speech impairments. We also work with students with long term medical conditions and mental health difficulties.
- advice and information on disability support and reasonable adjustments at the college
- individual support plans
- access arrangements in exams
- specialist equipment
- support workers e.g. note-takers, communication support workers for deaf students, mentors
- liaison with academic department staff
- assistance with diagnostic and needs assessment and Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) applications
Our course vary – from gaining independent living skills to preparing for employment through work placements or working in the LLD/D run shop, we’ll help you go further.
We are always available to talk, so please contact us if you would like to discuss any support needs. We are here to help!