Are you looking for a college that will cater to your additional learning needs? We understand how much attention each individual situation requires, and provide a range of support for Learners with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Every year, we help more than 200 students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities learn and progress at Reading College. Call Beth Websiter on 0118 9554583 if you need help.
We help students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in a variety of ways:
• A new Autism Spectrum Disorder Centre opened in September 2014. Offering 1-1 support, Speech and Language and Occupational Therapy provision for ASD learners who are not able to access a mainstream environment
• Deaf support is available for our hearing impaired students
• We run a fully-equipped Disability Living Allowance (DLA) assessment centre for HE, helping assess students for financial help
• Dyslexia support includes assessment for special arrangements during exams and some 1-1 and small group support
• Our exams office supports students who need additional time during exams, scribes, readers or additional equipment
• Learning Support Assistants offer 1-1 or small group support to students with a variety of additional needs.
• LLD/D Department – a department of highly qualified tutors/LSA’s who deliver both teaching and support to students with additional needs
• Profound and Multiple Learning Disability provision is available at Ravenswood Village for students who are unable to access mainstream college. We offer 1-1 support from teaching and support staff
• Specialist medically trained staff who have received training in epilepsy and the administration of buccal midazolam
• Support plans are written for any students who have additional needs that impact their learning, including emotional, physical or others.
Our courses vary – from gaining independent living skills to preparing for employment through work placements or working in the LLD/D run shop, we’ll help you go further.
We are always available to talk, so please contact us if you would like to discuss any support needs. We are here to help!