You are here
Information for Parents and Carers
Our priority is to place students in a variety of different settings during their time with us. They will be accompanied to interviews and receive job coaching if needed.
- Work experience is NOT optional. It accounts for 40 per cent of the course.
- Students are NOT paid for work experience.
- STEPS students are expected to undertake work experience unless they are already in paid, part-time employment.
- Most students will be placed by the October half-term. Until then they will need to remain at home.
- Placements run for six weeks.
- Students will need to remain at home in-between placements, until the next one begins.
- All students are responsible for contacting us and their employers in the event of absence.
- EMA students who have an unauthorised absence will not receive their payment for that period.
- Placements will be allocated appropriately by the Work Experience Team.
- Students will be expected to travel to different locations and experience a variety of settings.
- All students will be issued with contact numbers.
- Work experience is not carried out during the holiday periods.
- Our Public Liability Insurance covers all students whilst on work experience placements.
Prior to any placement we require a contract and consent form to be completed and returned to us. These are downloadable in PDF format: