0800 371 434


We know that accommodation is an important part of your time here. A good home will help you settle into English life quickly and help to improve your language skills.

Our accommodation for international students is not maintained or managed by Activate Learning. These pages are solely to provide information for prospective students. Activate Learning cannot vouch for the quality of any of the accommodation provision listed.


One of the best ways to improve your English is to live with an English family in their home. This type of accommodation is provided by our preferred provider host-link who visit and approve each of their host families.

A host family could be a family with children, a couple or a single person. They will speak English, but this may not be their first language. Host families may have pets (always ask so that you are aware).

Student residences

If you are 18 years old or over and prefer more independent living, we can offer Student Authorised and Licensed accommodation in a residential student block off campus. This is a great opportunity to live with other students your age and make friends with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.

Fawley Bridge is a premier student accommodation development which offers en suite rooms in cluster flats on and off campus. Rooms are furnished with a small double bed (4ft), desk, wardrobe and en-suite bathroom.

The furnished kitchen and living room are shared with the other students in the flat and provide internet, flat screen TV and phone point. The properties also offer intercom and security entry, bike storage and coin-operated washing and drying facilities.

Fawley Bridge has two properties:

ON CAMPUS: The Kings Road building is on campus and costs per week are from £110 for a standard room inclusive of all bills and internet.

OFF CAMPUS: The Green Road building is a brand new building, 15 minutes bus journey from the college and costs from £125 per week for a standard room

Rented accommodation

Most students seeking private rented accommodation often choose to share a house with other students. Another option is to rent a room and live with a family or landlord.

Each tenant has their own bedroom/study and all bathroom, kitchen and living-room areas are shared. Typical rent per person varies from £260-£300 per calendar month. You will need to check if the rent includes your contribution to the household utility bills.

You may also want to check that where you’re thinking of living is within walking distance of the College or has good public transport links.

Single households

This type of accommodation is usually wanted by couples or families. Typical rent for a three-bedroom house in Reading is £850 - £1,100  per calendar month. A one-bedroom flat is likely to cost at least £650 per calendar month.

Before deciding to rent a house, you may want to check that it is within walking distance of the college or has good public transport links.

Hotel accommodation

We would advise that you only use hotel accommodation if your stay is less than three weeks or as a short-term solution until you find somewhere else to stay. Hotel prices vary greatly and can be an expensive option.

If you would like to discuss your accommodation options, please get in touch with us via email international@activatelearning.ac.uk or calling +44 (0)118 955 4891.