What do I learn?
The course is made up of 18 units and looks at a variety of different areas of sport including:
• anatomy for sport and exercise
• sport and exercise physiology
• sport and exercise psychology
• research methods for sport and exercise sciences
• research project in sport and exercise sciences
• sports biomechanics in action
What do I gain?
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science
What do I need?
• 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C, including Science, Maths and English
• BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sports or Science with merit or higher and functional skills at Level 2 in Maths and English.
What can I do next?
On completion you can progress on to Sport and Exercise related degree or higher education courses, such as: Sports Science, Coaching, Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy, Clinical Physiology, Occupational Therapy, Strength and Conditioning.
What else do I need to know?
You will have access to the College Gym, a science lab and access to an indoor sport hall at Reading University.
The fee for international students for the 2016 entrance is £6,300 per year.