You are here
Interfaith at Reading College
The multi-faith chaplaincy:
- is available to all students with any religious background or none
- provides a multi-faith quiet room
- offers an open, informal, ecumenical outlook
- provides information about local places of worship, faith communities and religious events
- gives personal and spiritual support, with referral to other agencies where necessary (the college counselling service works closely with the chaplaincy in providing support and guidance in their work within the institution)
- helps students find time and space for spiritual exploration and reflection
- can put you in touch with others who meet for regular times of prayers and worship
- can organise occasional discussion groups on a range of contemporary issues
- seeks to make the college aware of the spiritual needs of students
- promotes religious tolerance and understanding within the college
- works co-operatively and confidentially within the Student Services team.
If you are seeking chaplaincy support from another church or faith community, or want information about other local places of worship, please feel free contact us and we'll try to help. A member of the chaplaincy team can be contacted direct via Student Services or via our e-mail email@example.com.