What do I learn?
On this course, you:
• study all four skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking)
• revise and extend your knowledge of English grammar.
• improve your pronunciation and increase your vocabulary.
• study with students from all over the world (maximum class size: 20 students)
According to Cambridge English, the FCE examination:
• uses real-life situations that are especially designed to help you communicate more effectively and learn the language skills you need
• gives you the level of English you need to work in an English speaking environment or study other courses at an upper intermediate level
• is internationally-recognised by a wide range of employers and educational institutions
What do I gain?
You have the opportunity to take the internationally recognised Cambridge FCE examination, which is held in June. There will be an additional charge should you wish to enter for the examination - see your course tutor for more information.
You also receive a Reading College certificate on completion of your course.
What do I need?
To apply for this course, you need:
• an upper-intermediate level of English – we will invite you to the college to do a short placement test so that we can assess your level of English
You will need to purchase the course book at the start of the course. The cost for this is £30.
What do I gain?
Students who complete the EFL Upper Intermediate + FCE course can progress onto the EFL Advanced + CAE course, or onto a different course.
What else do I need to know?
You will study for three hours per week. Maximum class size - 20.
Each 10 week term has a fee of £280.
For more information or to book an assessment, please contact the college.