You are here
Computing and IT
The development of digital technologies continues to bring about big changes in the working and home environment. Most organisations, large and small, national and international, now rely greatly on their computer systems.
Careers range from the highly technical, such as:
- Software Developer
- Computer Games Designer
- Technical Support Person
Some positions within the sector also require good business awareness, including:
- Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Web Editor
We have a range of courses available for all levels; from complete beginners, those who want to brush up their skills or people looking to specialise in computing for a career in IT.
Computing and IT students’ activities:
- ICT Entry and Level 1 Foundation Pathway
- ICT Practitioners BTEC Level 2 Diploma
- ICT Practitioners BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary/Extended Diploma
- Higher National Diploma in Computing and Systems Development
- IT User Skills Level 1 Award (iTQ)
- IT User Skills Level 2 Award (iTQ)
- IT 4 U
- Improve your MS Excel Techniques – Use Excel More Efficiently
- Improve your MS Powerpoint Techniques – Use PowerPoint More Efficiently
- Improve your MS Word Techniques – Use Word More Efficiently
- Prezi – Make your Presentations Zoom
- IT and Telecoms Level 2 Apprenticeship
- IT and Telecoms Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
ICT Practitioners BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary/Extended Diploma
Why this course?
The course on offer appealed to me as it covered a wide range of ICT areas. The variety of modules and the timetables meant I could work part-time as well as attend college. I have met some great people many of whom I became good friends with and several of whom I still keep in contact with regularly. The lecturers were helpful and would answer any question without judgement so you felt comfortable asking. The feedback you receive as well helps to build a good knowledge in the area. The location is ideal from wherever in or around Reading you come from and the facilities are very good. You have a good student voice too and the college will listen to feedback.
I’m currently working at John Lewis which was my part-time job. I am actively implementing my skills learnt at college in certain areas and hope to progress into the IT part of the company.