You are here
Reading College is a forward thinking and thriving further education college located at the edge of Reading town centre. We are rapidly gaining a reputation for:
- our drive to provide strong progression into employment
- our commitment to respond to the needs of Reading and the local area
- our consistently high professional standards.
With over 6,000 local learners on over 900 further education courses we play a vital part in meeting the learning and training needs of local people and local businesses.
A long tradition of education and training in Reading
Reading’s further education college was re-launched as Reading College in August 2010. Reading has had a further education college based at Kings Road since 1955 when it was opened as the Reading College of Technology. After a time as Reading College and School of Arts and Design, the college in Reading was provided by Thames Valley University from 2004 until the recent transfer to Reading College.
Reading College is a new partnership between Oxford & Cherwell Valley College, an Oxfordshire based further education college.
A wide choice of courses
Reading College offers a wide choice of full-time, part-time and work-based courses for people in Reading and the surrounding areas.
- Vocational courses relating to most areas of work
- A levels, GCSEs and Access courses
- Apprenticeships and other work-based learning courses
- Professional courses and courses for adults wanting to upskill for work or learn for leisure
- Courses to improve English language, literacy and numeracy
- Foundation level courses
- Courses for people who are unemployed and seeking a job.
Subject areas include:
- A levels
- Art, Graphics and Fashion
- Business and Professional Studies
- Catering and Hospitality
- Childcare, Teaching Assistants and Play Work
- Computing and IT
- Construction and the Built Environment
- English and Maths
- English for non-English Speakers
- Foundation Learning
- Hairdressing and Therapies
- Health and Health and Social Care
- Learners with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities (LLD/D)
- Media and Photography
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Motor Vehicle
- Music and Performing Arts
- Plumbing, Gas and Heating
- Preparation for life and work
- Public Services
- Teaching, Training and CELTA
- Travel and Tourism.